Saturday 28 September 2013

Makeup Haul and a Very Happy Sally!

Oh hello! It's Sally here!

On Friday, I had a practise 3 hours English exam which was absolute torture. On that day however, there was a Boost Challenge where you had to wrap yourself in foil so 2 of my friends and I went to the local supermarket, bought some foil which was $1.50 and wrapped ourselves in foil and showed up at Boost! It was very rewarding but a bit embarrassing getting a Boost for 50c! Afterwards, I thought I might treat myself a little since I did just write three essays (9 pages worth of writing!) so I went to Price-line pharmacy to have a look at their make up.

 This is what I bought:


Rimmel
So we all know how much I loved the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder and Kate Moss Lipstick in 106. Since those two purchases, I decided that I really liked Rimmel and went ahead to buy the Rimmel Natural Bronzer in Sun Glow and another Kate Moss Lipstick in 12. 12 is an orangey sort of colour. I was going to buy one from Mac but I thought if the orange didn't suite me I would have wasted a whole lot of money. Then... I noticed that if you bought $15 worth of Rimmel you got a free gift which consisted of a waterproof Scandal Eyes mascara, a lip gloss and a blue eye liner. Yay! I always wanted a blue eye liner but didn't know whether or not I could pull it off but now I got one for free I can say there is no harm in trying it and I can safely say, I love Rimmel!


Bourjois
Then I headed over to the Bourjois section. Actually I didn't even know Australia sold Bourjois so I was pleasantly surprised! I decided I needed a foundation since, shock horror *insert inside joke* I don't have any. I heard lots of people raving on about the Bourjois foundations so I decided to get myself one since it was quite a good price as well and I didn't want too much coverage. Then I saw they had the Color Boost Sticks which are basically a copy of the Clinique Chubby Sticks but half price so I got myself one in a nice red! I tried it on and wow I love that stuff! It's so moisturising and has good pigmentation at the same time! Very happy that I found that! While I was at that counter, I noticed Bourjois had a sign too, if you bought more that $20 worth you got a free gift! What a lucky day! The gift consisted of a lovely blush which is so pigmented as well and a primer. The primer does make your skin feel very smooth and soft but I'm not sure how much I will use it as I'm not too keen on layering more and more products on my face. Perhaps I will use it for only very special occasions.


 Other random stuff
I heard a lot about Beauty Blenders but I wasn't too sure where to buy them apart from online but I noticed Maybelline was selling a copy of one in purple so I bought it and I can say it's a very good buy! Although I can't compare it to the original, it does its job well so far. Then I bought an SPF for my face since the Australian Sun should be coming out soon and I don't want to get burnt. Lastly Essie recently got introduced into Australia so I bought two nail polishes from their range which was rather small as Australia is only selling their top colours.

I'll film a review later of all the things I bought on Friday and post it up after I've used them for sometime and have enough information for you. For now I can say that I'm very happy with all the freebies I got! Hope you're all well and I'll talk to you next time. If you haven't done so, check out my YouTube channel; http://www.youtube.com/user/MeowSally !

Sally xx

No comments:

Post a Comment