Wednesday 11 September 2013

Nail Polish Favourites: Fall into Autumn!

Hi all,
I apologise for the one week break from blogging that we took; we were both super occupied with our school life :(
Aaaaanyways, back to business.
I've been loving painting my nails recently, and have been transitioning from the bright and bold pastels of Summer to the dark and ominous looking Fall colours.

1. Revlon Elegant


I've always thought that this colour reminds me a bit of Essie's Playa del Platinum, another great nude colour for your nails. I've been loving this, not only because it's a sophisticated "I'm a college student" colour, but a shade that goes with any outfit and any makeup.
It makes me feel sensible when my professors sees my nail colour- it would be incredibly awkward to take a nerdy subject when my nails are BAM bright pink.

2. OPI Sweetheart


This colour will always be a classic in my collection- I've used mine to the absolute pit bottom of the nail polish so I won't be able to upload my own photo for this, but it's super well loved. A classic baby pink- apply one sheer coat for a natural polished look, whereas a few coats will be a girly baby pink.

3. Revlon Ocean Breeze


If you follow me on my twitter, @LittleMJuliana, then you would know that I've absolutely been loving this nail polish. Just because I feel like a mermaid when I wear it. It's a mixture of blues and greens with an irridescent finish, and honestly, I would save this for the weekend/monday for a quick pick-me-up, plus it will definitely distract you in class. I would say to always use a top coat with this, it gives the iridescent glow an extra oomph, plus helps the nail polish stay on longer.
Oh did I mention that it actually smells like the ocean? I swear I'm actually a mermaid.

4. Essie Rock Star Skinny



Since Hong Kong either has a) no Fall season or b) it rolls around in late November, I live my Fall fantasies through other people's Youtube videos, whether it's Get Ready With Me: Fall Edition-s, or Outfit Of The Day-s, or everyone's raves about the Bath and Body Works Leaves candles. And this all happens whilst I'm wearing a skimpy tank top and shorts and the air conditioner blasting in the Hong Kong heat.

5. Essie Chinchilly


Essie Chinchilly just reminds me of warm Autumn days, snuggled up on the couch with a doona, a book, and  mug of hot cocoa, whilst a candle's burning in the background. My mother describes this colour as a "light sesame" colour, whereas I'd say that it's a muted, creamy, off-grey-taupe shade.

I've been so excited for fall, and even more excited for the fall nail polish colours and new Starbucks drinks. But, I just tried the iced Salted Caramel Mocha Frappucino today, and it wasn't as great as I expected it to be.

Anyways, signing off for now, I've got a lot going on the next day, and the rest of the week.

Love, from Juliana.

*Unfortunately, the photos used in this blog post are not mine, I have only been less busy at night, but the lighting was horrible to take a photo..

No comments:

Post a Comment