Sunday 15 September 2013

Kate Moss Lipstick and Apple releases

Oh hi, Sally here!
I've got one more week of school until the holidays! How exciting? Hopefully I'll have lots of things to blog about then! Yesterday, I was out and about and got a new lipstick! It's a Kate Moss Rimmel lipstick in shade 106 which is such a lovely colour. It has a matte consistency which is what I love about it as well and it was the amazing price of $10AUD. That's a steal compared to Mac lipsticks here which are $33AUD. I know you can't compare high end to drug store but really I can't tell much difference in the lipstick.


Packaging:
For her matte series, the casing is red with Kate Moss' signature in black. It's got the Rimmel crown logo on the top. I believe the lipstick I got is from her new Winter collection.

Consistency:
The consistency is amazing! The product is super pigmented and is not shimmery or glossy at all which is what I like.

Application:
The application is smooth. Usually with lipstick, I put on a small amount and just spread it around my lips so the colour isn't too intense. 





Also, this week, I finished reading Divergent by Veronica Roth! Wow that book was so exciting and intense and as soon as I finished reading it, I quickly bought Insurgent, the next book in the series and I'm already 50% through. I highly
recommend you add it to your list of books to read! Especially since the movie Divergent is coming out next year and I don't know about you, but I prefer to read the book before watching the movie.

Last Monday night, I was bored and decided to go and download ios7 even though it's being released on 18th September. I love it so much! Finally a change from Apple, it feels like I've actually gotten a new phone. To the left is a screenshot of what my phone looks like now! The update comes with 40 new wallpapers, 33 of which are Stills and 7 which are Dynamic. Yes they move when you tilt your phone.  Hopefully, in time they will add more Dynamic wallpapers. I chose the pink Still wallpaper because it's my favourite colour and it matches the case of my iPhone 5. I love this simple flat look! Onto further news, I'm sure you all know that Apple have announced iPhone 5C and iPhone 5S and have discontinued iPhone 5. What are my thoughts on the products? If you have an iPhone 4 or lower, sure go ahead and update! If you have a 4S or 5, wait! Honestly, I'm not going to update my phone for a plastic coloured back which makes the phone look cheaper or for a fingerprint scanner. Also, I'm still not to keen on the idea of a fingerprint scanner. I feel as though after time it may fail and people will revert back to the pass code method. Only time will tell how well it works I suppose. The reason Apple has discontinued iPhone 5, because it's exactly the same as the iPhone 5S. I am interested in the new camera functions on the iPhone 5S and how it takes a few and chooses the best one because I am quite interested in photography but that's not enough to make me want to buy a new phone. Besides, all iPhones 4S and up are able to update to the ios7 so I just don't think it's worth it.

Anyway, hope you're well and I'll blog again soon!
Love Sally xx

No comments:

Post a Comment