Wednesday 14 August 2013

Chanel Glossimer Lip Gloss Review in Rose Dilemma 144

Hi all,

So I've been obsessed with the show 2 Broke Girls (promo trailer here) and Caroline mentioned her love for Chanel lipglosses. It hit me that I've never owned a super high end lipgloss, I've had MAC, Benefit and a ton of drugstore ones. So of course, despite being a broke college girl, I had to get myself one. Just to try and justify it, its not like I got a Chanel lipgloss cos my current favourite TV show mentioned it (they used the Rouge Allure series, ha!) but my excuse was, since I'm starting a new university, new classes, and meeting new people, I might as well invest in a good lip gloss, something that I can just grab and go, and that I'll feel super confident in.

So I dragged my friend Elsie with me to a Chanel counter, and picked out a lipgloss! I was looking for something girly and pink, but slightly peachy. A "my lips, but better" shade. And the Chanel Levres Scintillantes Glossimer in the shade Rose Dilemma 144 was the one I chose!


First of all, LOVE THE PACKAGING. It's a classic clear tube, with a gold rim and the wand attached to the black applicator with the classic Chanel Cs on the top.


The doefoot applicator distributes a perfect amount of product each time, so you wont need to re-dip the applicator into the lip gloss for more. That way, there will be minimum bacteria and air in the lip gloss in the product overtime, making it more long lasting.


Rose Dilemma 144 is a pink shade, with a hint of peach. Also, it has gold reflexes in it, giving it that sheen without that glittery effect. Also, I should mention that it's not really that sticky. Everyone knows how awkward it is when the wind blows and your wispy flyaway hair gets stuck to your lips. But it's actually just a little bit thicker than an average lip balm.
I've had this for a couple days now, and I can honestly say that it has really good lasting power. On me, it lasts around 4 hours with eating and drinking like normal. I must say that this is quite pricey though, at USD$29.50, but it's definitely worth it for the quality and colour pay-off.

I'll definitely be wearing this for all my upcoming university orientation days and camps. I feel so luxurious with this on whilst rocking the big, sexy Victoria Secret hair. 

Next time I post, I'll be at uni freshmen camp! I'm there from Sunday 18th until Tuesday 20th, but I'll have my trusty fellow Tweedler, Sally to post for me :)
Add me on twitter @MissJulianaYu to keep up with everything happening! And tweet me, I love getting tweets from you guys! No really, please, cos I'll have my phone with me at the camp and I'd be so bored in the wilderness so send me anything from a hello to a random joke!

Love, from Juliana! xox

No comments:

Post a Comment