Saturday 29 March 2014

Roses de Chloé Perfume Review

As I am waiting for my nails to dry (Angel Food by Essie) at 1 in the morning, I thought I would do a little blog post! #insomniaprobs

I was on the hunt for a new scent for this spring time. I mean, I'm 18, in college, my first spring as an adult. So obviously I needed a new perfume. Like duh, right? ;)
Or probably I just needed a new excuse for a new perfume haha.

But anyways, I was sashaying around Colormix, a popular pharmacy here in Hong Kong, the bottles of Chloé perfume caught my eye. I've always loved the packaging of Chloé perfumes, but I always thought that it was way too high end for a high schooler, so never really bothered giving it a sniff. But, as I mentioned before, it's my first spring as an adult so why not? #moreexcuseslol

I remember watching a YouTube review on the Roses de Chloé perfume, how it literally just smells like roses, and what better way to welcome the spring season than with a floral perfume? So I gave it a sniff and fell absolutely in love.


It's light, floral, but not a powdery floral like the ones grandmas smell like, but it's a fresh, slightly sweet rose floral scent, as the name suggests. It simply reminds me of light strolls down the cobblestone roads of Paris as I walk past the Parisian florist.
Did I describe it with too much imagination?
Probably.
Even the packaging looks sophisticated and amazing.


A little bit goes a very long way with this. I usually spritz it on my wrists, on my neck and a little bit in my hair. I like the idea of smelling it when I just happen to toss my hair or when the wind blows.
I squirt some of this into my Travalo so that I can pop it into my pencil case, because:
a) I have incredibly long school days (try 9am to 7pm!) and
b) I'm not going to throw an expensive bottle of perfume at the bottom of my purse.

But, despite that, the lasting power is fairly long. I'd say that it lasts about 4-6 hours, but I wouldn't know for sure because it's kinda hard to sniff your wrists subtly when you're out in public.


I purchased the 50mL bottle, and I think it's the perfect size. If it's too small of a bottle, i.e the 25mL, then it wouldn't look as cute, and same goes for the 75mL.
Overall, I would give this a great two thumbs up, three if I had an extra limb. This is definitely my go-to perfume to get me through my last couple weeks of the semester, and another plus side is it looks great on my bedside table!

As usual, follow me on my social media:
Twitter: @MissJulianaYu
Instagram: littlemissjuliana
Snapchat: @julsie27 (I'd love to see your beautiful faces!)

And speaking of snapchat, I've been obsessed with that app! A little shoutout to my CosmoVIP internet bestie, Jasmin! <3


Love, from Juliana XO

No comments:

Post a Comment