Monday 14 April 2014

Great Ocean Road; Twelve Apostles

Hey guys,

On Saturday, 12th April, I went along the Great Ocean Road to visit the Twelve Apostles in Victoria. They were absolutely beautiful. It took about 3 hours to get there and about 2 hours to get back not including stops. Altogether we travelled 560km. Crazy!

The weather was a bit crazy, it was raining and then sunny and just kept alternating between the two.


Here are some of the photos I took. The beach where you see the Twelve Apostles is called Gibsons Beach, you have to go down a cliff which has about 90 stairs but it was so worth it. There are actually only eight Apostles left which is a little sad as erosion has gotten the better of them. In a thousand years from now though, more may be created as you can see in the picture with the cave, that's how they are formed. I loved the different colours and textures of the stone and the different colours in the ocean. In the last picture, you can see the sun is setting which was so beautiful. I wish I could have stayed there a bit longer.

For lunch there was a little food court at Apolo Bay and I had fish and chips. Apparently the fish was flake fish which is also known as gummy shark caught fresh from the ocean. None the less it was delicious.

We left at 8am in the morning and I arrived back at 7:30pm.

Definitely if you get a chance, this is a place to go! It has such a relaxing atmosphere.

Anyway, I'm on holidays right now, I've got one more week to go! Hope you're all having a lovely holiday and have a wonderful Easter!

Love Sally.

No comments:

Post a Comment