Tuesday 28 January 2014

Canada Beauty Haul

Hey tweedlers,
It's Sally here! I'm back from my trip to Canada, Toronto! I had such an amazing three weeks there but unfortunately I didn't bring my laptop so I could blog. It was so cold so it's nice to be back in 40 degree heat. (Sort of...) The snow was so beautiful! Today I thought I would blog about my make up/beauty haul because make up is so much cheaper in Canada and then next week I will blog about my actual trip and locations I visited such as Niagara Falls and some other items I bought. Sound good? For those wondering about prices $1CAD is pretty much $1AUD. Okay let's begin. 
I was so happy to see that there was a Victoria's Secret store there because the only one we have in Australia is some tiny Airport one that only sells a few accessories. This is a holiday edition called Bombshell Diamonds which I got for 75% which took the price down to about $15CAD. It smell so good and I'm happy it's a perfume rather than a mist so it's stronger and lasts longer. I'd say it's more a summery/spring day scent. It has top notes of fruit, middle notes of flowers and base notes of wood which gives it a very pleasant smell. I'm so happy about this purchase and the price I got it at.
Next I visited the Body Shop which we've also got here in Australia but is way too expensive so it's almost always empty every time I walk past. Fortunately it's a lot cheaper in Canada and I got these for $6 but it was buy 2 get one free which meant they were actually $4CAD each! The first one is a Born Lippy Lip Balm in Strawberry. I love the smell of it and it does add a tiny bit of colour to the lips which is nice. The next two are Lip Butters, the first one in Coconut and the next one in Honey. I can't decide which one I like the best but they all make my lips feel so moisturised and they smell really good.
 I went to the Mac store and picked up Viva Glam 2, Diva and Russian Red. I was sort of scared of getting a nude lipstick, the Viva Glam 2 because I didn't know whether or not I could pull it off but I thought might as well give it ago. 
I also picked up the Mac Vanilla Pigment which I absolutely love already! I use it to highlight the inner corner of my eye,  and my brown bone. You can also use it as a highlighter but the colour is so beautiful!
Mac eye shadow in Vanilla and Wedge. I'll be using this for a natural everyday make up look.
Mac Mineralised Skin Finish. A lovely subtle highlighter. 
Then I went over to Sephora and bought this Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick - Rose. Oh my gosh this is so amazing! I love it so much. It is a blusher/highlighter and I think it would be perfect for night outs or even for everyday. It's makes your skin look so healthy and gives you a perfect glow. I was really contemplating getting it and I'm so happy I did.
As you can see I went on a bit of a highlight spree. This is the Benefit High Beam. This is also a product I would recommend. It's really easy to apply the amount in this bottle will probably last me forever. I use this on top of my cheek bones and it gives a nice healthy glow. This one I would recommend for everyday. It has more of a dewy/pearl finish rather than glittery.
Lucky last. You might have read that I use to use a Clinique powder which got discontinued but I remember during that time, my skin never broke out so I decided to try out the Clinique Even Better foundation which has an SPF 15. I love the formulation as it's not too runny and sits really well on the skin. It has a nice dewy finish. I probably wouldn't recommend it if you've got super oily skin but for dry/combination it's definitely one you should try.

So that is it for my beauty/make up haul. I hope you enjoyed reading. Be sure to check back next week to find out more of my time in Canada.
Love Sally.
Instagram: sally_the_cat



No comments:

Post a Comment