Wednesday 18 December 2013

My Top Four Uses of Coconut Oil!

Hello all, it's Jules here!

Wow it's actually been a really long while... I know that I keep saying that at the start of every post, but I've just been so incredibly busy :(
So much has actually happened in my life, from acing my first set of college exams (yayy!), to girlfriend gossip sessions, to boyy drama ;)

But anywho, I'm here to tell you about my top four uses for coconut oil! At first I didn't really give in to all the hype about it, and also cos for some ridiculous reason they sell it for reaaaaally expensive at my local pharmacy. But the other day I found it at this organic grocery store for a lot cheaper! Since I got it, I've been using it a TON and I have no idea how I ever lived without it!

1. Moisturiser
Coconut oil is an amazing moisturiser, and with the dry winter air, it's great to have a moisturiser that a) smells amazing and b) is all natural! I've found that natural products work the best for me, that includes my apple-based shampoo, banana shampoo (from the body shop, it's so hydrating!) and honey-cinnamon facemask to kill sudden hormonal acne.



2. Hair Mask
Like I said before, coconut oil is incredibly hydrating, but you can also use it for your hair! Use about a spoonful for your entire head of hair, leave it in for about 10 minutes then shower as normal. I found that my hair is softer and shinier, and definitely less brittle in this dry winter weather! Another great tip is to use a teensy amount on clean hair. It acts as a leave in conditioner, keeps the static from raising your frizzy baby hairs and also is more natural and hydrating than a product that you would use. Be careful to not use too much or you'll end up looking like a slimeball!



3. Body Scrub
You will be amazed by the results of simply using coconut oil and sugar on your skin. About a spoonful of coconut oil to a packet of sugar will do- mix it up well, and rub onto your skin. I find that it's best to do this inside your shower so grains of sugar don't fall everywhere- you don't want soft skin with a side of a roach infestation! I like to do this if I know that I'll shave my legs- I'll hop inside the shower, scrub my legs with this body scrub, shower like normal then shave my legs at the end. It'll result in a much closer shave... that means no stubble!



4. Fades Discoloration
I have horrible acne scarring from before- I think it was because of the stress of exams + hormonal breakouts (booo). Skin discoloration is because of an excess of melanin production in that one particular area of skin cells. So, I found that using coconut oil really helps with fade the discoloration and also improve my overall skin tone. I'd much rather use less foundation/ concealer and invest my time and effort into my natural skin. But, since I have oily skin, I use this suuuuper sparingly otherwise my skin would break out!



All in all, I found that coconut oil is amaaaazing for day to day use- I don't know how I ever survived without it! I'm sure that there are much more uses for this everything-in-a-jar product. No more splurging on expensive skincare products! It's always such a disappointment when an expensive product is a let down :(

Julsie signing off for now, love you! xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment